COVID 19 Currently working face-to-face in line with Govt guidelines
* Children * Adolescents * Young People (Age 2 to 25)
* Parent-Child * Parent-Infant (from pregnancy to age 17)
Qualified Child & Adolescent Counsellor and Parent-Child Therapist (Registered Member BACP)
Working towards UKCP Psychotherapist (MA Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Post Graduate Diploma in Parent-Infant Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy)
About my practice:
Qualifications & Registration
- Clients can make use of expressive arts during sessions, such as painting, drawing, clay, Play Doh, sand tray.
- Attachment-based work with children and families to strengthen parent-child relationships
- Diploma in Child & Adolescent Counselling (including parent-child therapy), Institute for Arts in Therapy & Education (IATE)
- Qualified MSc Social Worker
Assessment procedures, including:
- Adult Attachment Interview (DMM-AAI) & adolescent / young person version
- Meaning of the Child to the Parent (MotC)
- Infant and Toddler CARE-Index (ICI / TCI)
- TheraplayTM Marshak Interaction Method (MIM)
- Circle of Security Parenting (COS-P)
- TheraplayTM Level 1
- Video Interaction Guidance (VIG)
My clinical experience includes:
- Nurseries, primary and secondary schools
- Child, young person, and adult bereavement
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Domestic violence
- Refugee and asylum seeker children and parents
- Residential adult mental health
- Child Protection Social Work
- We will have a 30-minute initial discussion (free of charge) to talk through your referral
- The next step will be to have a 1 to 1.5 hour initial discussion (please see Fees below). Where applicable, this takes place without the child.
- The next meeting will be held with the parent(s) and child or young person together for 1 hour (please see Fees below).
- Consent and GDPR paperwork will need to be completed.
- Sessions are held weekly mostly during term-time.
- My practice adheres to the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and the UKCP Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Certificate for practice with Adults and Children
- Professional Liability Insurance which includes Professional Indemnity
- Practitioner Member of The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
Fees: £50 per individual session. £55 for parent and child work.
To find out more and/or to arrange an appointment, please contact Jenni at The Centre on 0208 466 5671.